To determine feasibility, investigate tools/applications, and develop instructional online training modules for the OhioERC and its cohorts.
MODULES IN DEVELOPMENT
Email Management (2021)
- Subcommittee Members
- Pari Swift
- Kevin Latta
- Alyshia Dygert
- Darren Shulman
- Fred Previtz
Social Media: The Records Management Challenge Online Training Module (2020)
Training Summary: Government entities are increasing their use of social media to provide improved services, enable citizen interaction, and increase overall transparency in government. Social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, provide governments the ability to explore new ways of working and shifting communication patterns. Because these sites are available to government offices and citizens with internet access, they add valuable audio, video and interactive capabilities without substantial upfront costs.
However, just because cost is not a major consideration to a government entering into the world of Social Media, does not mean that there aren’t other important considerations that need to be taken into account prior to establishing a social media presence.
This course will provide an overview of social platforms and how government entities use those platforms; the records management aspect of social media; unique challenges associated with capturing and disposing of social media content; how to manage and respond to citizen interactions with government social media; and the balancing act of being both of public employee and private citizen on social media. At the conclusion of the training, we’ll test your knowledge of what you’ve learned.
Social Media: The Records Management Challenge online training is for use by state and local government officials and employees. The training will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes. The content was created by the Ohio Electronic Records Committee through grant funding provided by the Ohio Historical Records Advisory Board and the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Note: Each unique registrant will be able to print a certificate of completion from BuckeyeLearn
Subcommittee Members and Contributors:
- Pari Swift, University Records Manager, The Ohio State University (Content and Design)
- Darren Shulman, City Attorney, City of Delaware (Content)
- Sara Clark, Director of Legal Services, Ohio School Boards Association (Content)
- Nathan Owens, Records Manager, Ohio Attorney General’s Office (Content)
- Maryls Watson Bradshaw, Library Technical Services Manager, The Supreme Court of Ohio Law Library (Copy Editor)
- Michael Bradshaw, Assistant to the Library Director, The Supreme Court of Ohio Law Library (Voice Over Artist)
- Abigail Swift, Student, Reynoldsburg High School, Encore Academy (Banner Art Graphic Design)