On March 16 the National Archives released some new ERM guidelines titled, “Criteria for the Successful Management of Permanent Electronic Records“. We have added this new guideline under our “Resources” page. Take a look!
The OhioERC has set its meeting dates for 2018:
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 (3rd Floor Cardinal Classroom)
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 (1st Floor Trilobite Classroom)
- Wednesday, July 11, 2018 (1st Floor Trilobite Classroom)
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 (1st Floor Trilobite Classroom)
All meetings run from 12:30 – 3:30pm and are at the Ohio History Center, 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43211; 614. 297.2300
NOTE: REGISTRATION IS FULL AS OF AUGUST 24, 2017
Registration is now open for the Ohio Electronic Record Committee’s 2017 Fall Workshop, To Scan or Not to Scan: That is the Question! This workshop is free to attend, plus a travel stipend for mileage is being sponsored by OHRAB and the NHPRC.
There will be 2 identical sessions on October 6, 9:00-11:30 and 1:00-3:30, for you to choose from. Seating is limited to 50 per session, so register early. https://goo.gl/forms/uhE4KCl8jbX7P1r12
This workshop will investigate the pros and cons of scanning various types of records, as well as demonstrate a new feasibility tool developed by the OhioERC for evaluating records for digitization. Following the presentation, we’ll have 4 session rotations to take a fun, hands-on, small group, deeper dive into uncovering the hidden costs and variables before, during, and after digitizing, as well as utilizing the feasibility tool and touring the Delaware County Records Center and Archives reformatting operations.
This training has been certified for:
• 2 hours toward NAGARA’s Local Government Archives and Records Administrator’s certificate in the core competency of Reformatting
• 1 credit toward the Ohio Recorders Association professional development
• 2.5 certification maintenance credits for CRMs and CRAs through the Institute of Certified Records Managers
Please see this flyer for more details, the agenda, location, and travel stipend information. Questions can be directed to OhioERC@ohiohistory.org.
Don’t keep this to yourself! Please pass this on to anyone that you feel would benefit from this workshop.