The OhioERC has set its meeting dates for 2019:
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019 (3rd Floor Cardinal Classroom)
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 (3rd Floor Cardinal Classroom)
- Wednesday, July 10, 2019 (3rd Floor Cardinal Classroom)
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 (3rd Floor Cardinal Classroom)
All meetings run from 12:30 – 3:30pm and are at the Ohio History Center, 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43211; 614. 297.2300
Back By Popular Demand
Registration is now open for the Ohio Electronic Record Committee’s 2018 Fall Workshop, To Scan or Not to Scan: That is the Question! This workshop is free to attend. (This is the SAME workshop that was offered in October 2017 and March 2018.)
The workshop will be held on October 12, 2018 from 1:00-3:30. Seating is limited to 50 per session.
This workshop will investigate the pros and cons of scanning various types of records, as well as demonstrate a new feasibility tool developed by the OhioERC for evaluating records for digitization. Following the presentation, we’ll have 3 session rotations to take a fun, hands-on, small group, deeper dive into uncovering the hidden costs and variables before, during, and after digitizing, as well as utilizing the feasibility tool. Following the workshop, Mayfield Village is offering an optional tour of its Historical House for attendees from 3:00-3:30.
This training has been certified for:
- 2 hours toward NAGARA’s Local Government Archives and Records Administrator’s certificate in the core competency of Reformatting
- IIMC credits are pending approval
- 2 credit hours toward the Ohio Recorders Association continuing education
- 2.5 certification maintenance credits for CRMs and CRAs through the Institute of Certified Records Managers
Register online. Registration is required.
Location: Mayfield Village, 6622 Wilson Mills Road, Mayfield Village, Ohio 44143
Questions can be directed to OhioERC@ohiohistory.org.
Don’t keep this to yourself! Please pass this on to anyone that you feel would benefit from this workshop.